What Type Of Vehicles Are Covered By HGV Fleet Insurance?
HGV fleet insurance is designed to cover fleets of heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) that are used for commercial purposes. The specific types of vehicles that can be covered by HGV fleet insurance may vary depending on the insurance provider and the policy in question, but in general, HGV fleet insurance can cover a wide range of vehicles, including:
- Lorries and trucks of different sizes, such as rigid lorries, artic lorries, and tipper trucks
- Trailers that are towed by HGVs, including refrigerated trailers and flatbed trailers
- Vans and other light commercial vehicles that are used for delivery or transport purposes
- Buses and coaches that are used for transporting goods or passengers
- Specialised vehicles, such as tankers, cranes, and construction vehicles
In some cases, HGV fleet insurance policies may also cover any goods or cargo that are being transported. The specific level of cover provided by HGV fleet insurance can vary depending on the needs of the business and the policy in question.
How Many HGVs Do I Need For Fleet Insurance?
The minimum number of HGVs required to qualify for HGV fleet insurance can vary between insurance providers. However, as a general rule, most providers require a minimum of three HGVs to be insured under a single policy in order to qualify for fleet insurance.
That being said, some insurance providers may be willing to provide fleet insurance for a smaller number of HGVs in combination with other insurance packages.
Some insurance providers may also offer specialised fleet insurance policies for businesses that operate combinations of HGVs, vans and other vehicles where the total number of vehicles meets policy requirements.
If you are unsure whether your business qualifies for HGV fleet insurance or if you have any other questions about HGV insurance, it is best to speak to an HGV insurance broker. They can provide you with more information about the specific requirements for fleet insurance and help you find a policy that meets the needs of your business.